Halloween Safety Tips
Posted by infinitygoods on October 29, 2007
- Be sure to clear your front yard and steps of any trip hazards.
- Remove anything which can hurt someone, be damaged or stolen, such as ladders, extension cords, flower pots and containers, bicycles, children’s toys, garden hoses, etc.
- Clear walkways of leaves and other slip hazards.
- Be sure to turn on as many outdoor lights as possible.
- If using candles in your jack-o-lanterns, be sure to leave enough space at the top for the candle to burn safely and make sure decorations cannot blow into the candles’ flames.
- There are now many styles of inexpensive battery-powered lights to use inside jack-o-lanterns, even styles which flicker. You can also use a small string of outdoor, stay-cool Christmas lights, and you can also use glow sticks, which come in several colors such as green, orange, yellow, pink, etc.
- Make sure your electrical extensions or outlets are not overloaded.
- Keep all pets safely inside. Both animals and children can get spooked by each other.
- Be particularly vigilant about keeping cats indoors and safe from any possible escapes, even a few days before Halloween, as weirdos, cult members and miscellaneous crazies enjoy hurting our dear kitties even more around this time of year.
- Check all candy before your children eat it.
Infinity Goods Wishes You and Yours a Safe and Happy Halloween!! 😉