WFMW & Thursday 13: Our Purpose Driven Lives
Posted by infinitygoods on January 29, 2008
The Lenten season is approaching quickly. For the past two years while I was working at my church I have used the book “The Purpose Driven Life” by Rick Warren to prepare for Easter by reading his book and reflecting on his 40-day spiritual journey. I found different insights each year as I have grown and changed. It worked for me so well that I want to repeat it for a third year, and for 2008 I hope you’ll join me on-line. I highly recommend this book which according to Publishers Weekly has become “the bestselling nonfiction hardback book in history.” So come find out why with me and my other readers. If you don’t already own it, you can check it out from your local library when the time comes, or you can purchase it.
If you’re interested in “The Purpose Driven Life,” please join me for the 40 days of lent as we go through each of the 4o short chapters one day at a time. I will start the discussion with the introduction on February 6th (Ash Wednesday) and we will continue for the next 40 days during lent, finishing on March 17th (St. Patrick’s Day), just in time for Holy Week and with God’s help we will be prepared for a new purpose driven life during the Easter Season. (I will continue my other posts as well.)
Here are 13 of many more discussion questions taken from Warren’s book:
- What do you feel most people’s lives are driven by?
- What has been the driving force in your life?
- How is friendship with God similar to any other friendship, and how is it different?
- What fears surface when you think of surrendering your complete life to Christ?
- What are the barriers that keep us from loving and caring for other believers?
- Is there someone you need to restore a relationship with that we could pray with you about?
- Where in your spiritual growth are you having to be patient because there seems to be little progress?
- How has God used pain and trouble to help you grow?
- What do you love to do that you could use to serve others in the family of God?
- How does comparing ourselves with others keep us from fully developing our unique shape?
- What do you feel might be a part of the Life Message that God has given you to share with the world?
- How has reading through this book together refocused or redirected you life purpose?
- What have been some of the most helpful insights to you?
- Hit The Road, Junk!
- Cleaning Supplies In Every Room
- Large desk calendar inside guest closet
- How Do You Organize Your Home?
- Thank You Note How-To And Samples
- New Year Resolution And Thank You Notes
- Organizing Household Resources In An Address Book
- Organized In The New Year
- Put Used Christmas Cards To Good Use
- Bookcases at the Breaking Point?
- Organizing Household Binder
- Trading Card Storage
- Freezer Solution
- Child’s haircut without tears
- Homemade bread stuffing
- Plastic colander bath toy drainer/holder
- Reuse plastic grocery bags in the car
- How to increase Web site traffic?
- 16 Blog/Web site tips
- Toy storage
- Every Cookie Recipe Imaginable
- Egg Tip
- Holiday Decorating Tips and Ideas
This entry was posted on January 29, 2008 at 9:11 pm and is filed under blog, blogging, Blogroll, book, books, Caring, carnival, Christian, Christianity, Church, culture, education, Faith, God, Home, Household Tip, Household Tips, How To, howto, Infinity Goods, infinitygoods.com, Internet, life, publishing, Purpose Driven Life, reading, Rick Warren, Rocks In My Dryer, Spiritual, spirituality, Thursday 13, Thursday Thirteen, Tips, WFMW, works for me wednesday, Works For Me Wednesdays, writing. Tagged: America, author, book, books, Christian, Christianity, Church, culture, education, Faith, Family, Flickr, God, Home, How To, howto, Infinity Goods, infinitygoods.com, Internet, Jewish, Judaism, life, Memories, Photography, Spiritual, spirituality, Tips, Tradition, writing. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.