Archive for the ‘humor’ Category
Posted by infinitygoods on March 17, 2008
Posted by infinitygoods on March 6, 2008
Welcome to my blog party!
Now, we’re ready for some great conversation. Here my friendly readers and I talk about God, organizing our homes, we share household tips, we have fun with holidays all through the year (even Chinese New Year and Leap Year), we share recipes. Just yesterday, one of my readers gave me her first place award winning recipe for Peanut Butter Brownie Torte.
My grand-mother used to say “show me your friends and I will tell you who you are,” so to help you mingle in this party, let me introduce you to just a few of the people who visit me and those I visit. When you come back, you’ll meet a lot more, but for today, here’s just a few:
- 4urpets is a friend in real life and her humorous blog is about her 3 Chihuahuas;
- Tad Cronn is a newspaper editor who writes about conservative news not often published in the liberal media;
- Texas Tanya is a mom who adopted two wonderful boys, has great ideas and likes photography;
- Amy Deanne is the new bloggy friend who hosts Word-Filled Wednesday;
- Gina has a fun public diary, participates at Works For Me Wednesday and you’ll see her at 4urpets too;
- Erin Craig is a newlywed with a Weimaraner (dog) and she also loves photography;
- Look over at my right sidebar and you’ll see more people who link to me and people I visit.
Make yourselves at home, enjoy the party, and be sure to sign the guest book so I can visit you in return. I hope we will become friends and visit each other often.
Posted in blog, blogging, Blogroll, books, Caring, carnival, Christianity, Cooking, culture, Desserts, entertainment, Faith, Family, Flickr, Food, Friendship, God's Word, Holidays, Home, Household Tips, How To, humor, Infinity Goods, infinitygoods.com, Internet, Photography, Purpose Driven Life, reading, Recipe, religion, Spreading God's Word, Thursday 13, Thursday Thirteen, Word Filled Wednesday, works for me wednesday, writing | Tagged: 5 Minutes For Mom, blog, blog party, blogging, Blogroll, Party, Photography, Thursday Thirteen, Word Filled Wednesday, works for me wednesday | 16 Comments »
Posted by infinitygoods on February 29, 2008
Posted in Earth, entertainment, Flickr, Holidays, humor, Infinity Goods, infinitygoods.com, Leap Year, life, nature, Photography, Uncategorized | Tagged: February 29, frogs, Happy Leap Year, leap, Leap Year, leap year birthday, leaplings, photo, Photography, rose | 3 Comments »
Posted by infinitygoods on February 26, 2008
I don’t know if it’s premature old age, if it’s too many other things on the brain, or if everybody is like this from time to time, but a few years ago I started losing my keys all over the house, except in a logical spot. Being tired of searching frantically and of making myself late to boot, I hung a decorative wooden box on the wall right behind the front door. It took a couple of days to remember to put my keys in there, but the training period was fast. I also put in there our sunglasses, a spare garage door remote, a spare set of house and car keys and a pen in case I need to sign for something at the door. It works for me and now I’m always ready to go.
So has this happened to you??? Or is it just me?
For more participants in Works For Me Wednesday, visit Shannon at Rocks In My Dryer.
Posted in aging, America, blog, blogging, Blogroll, blood money, carnival, education, entertainment, Family, Home, Household Tip, Household Tips, How To, howto, humor, Infinity Goods, infinitygoods.com, Internet, life, solution, U.S., Uncategorized, United States, USA, WFMW, works for me wednesday, Works For Me Wednesdays | Tagged: Advise, Home, house, household, Household Tip, keys, Rocks In My Dryer, solution, tip, Wednesday, workds for me wednesday | 5 Comments »
Posted by infinitygoods on February 20, 2008
Happy Thursday, everyone! For more participants be sure to visit Thursday Thirteen.
Today would be Erma Bombeck’s birthday. She was born February 21, 1927 and died April 22, 1996. The newspaper columnist made us laugh at life’s idiosyncrasies for three decades through her syndicated column and her bestselling books like “If Life Is A Bowl Of Cherries, What Am I Doing In The Pits?”
- Insanity is hereditary. You can catch it from your kids.
- Thanks to my mother, not a single cardboard box has found its way back into society. We receive gifts in boxes from stores that went out of business twenty years ago.
- Did you ever notice that the first piece of luggage on the carousel never belongs to anyone?
- Getting out of the hospital is a lot like resigning from a book club. You’re not out of it until the computer says you’re out of it.
- Housework, if you do it right, will kill you.
- When a child is locked in the bathroom with water running and he says he’s doing nothing but the dog is barking, call 911.
- If you can’t make it better, you can laugh at it.
- It is not until you become a mother that your judgment slowly turns to compassion and understanding.
- It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else.
- On vacations: We hit the sunny beaches where we occupy ourselves keeping the sun off our skin, the saltwater off our bodies, and the sand out of our belongings.
- When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, “I used everything you gave me”.
- One thing they never tell you about child raising is that for the rest of your life, at the drop of a hat, you are expected to know your child’s name and how old he or she is.
- Seize the moment. Think of all those women on the ‘Titanic’ who waved off the dessert cart.
Posted in America, blog, blogging, Blogroll, book, books, culture, Family, history, humor, Infinity Goods, infinitygoods.com, life, Thursday 13, Thursday Thirteen, U.S., United States, USA, writing | Tagged: bestsellers, Bombeck, books, Children, columnist, Erma Bombeck, Family, fun, funny, humor, journalist, laugh, life, mother, newspapers, quotes, slice of life, syndicated, wife | 9 Comments »
Posted by infinitygoods on February 9, 2008
I took this nifty little quiz to find out what romantic movie I am, and it came up with Much Ado About Nothing. I missed this movie when it came out in 1993, but it’s based on the Shakespearean comedy, and I love his comedies. It also has several good Hollywood veterans so how can I go wrong? I’ll just have to see this movie.
What about you? What romantic movie would you say you are?
It’s available here, if you’re interested in buying it.
Posted in America, blog, blogging, Blogroll, British, culture, DVDs, england, entertainment, February 14, film, Holidays, Hollywood, Home, humor, Infinity Goods, infinitygoods.com, life, Media, movies, romance, Romantic, Shakespeare, U.S., United States, USA, Valentine, Valentine's Day, Website, writing | Tagged: acting, actors, actresses, British, comedy, drama, English, entertainment, February 14, film, fun, Hollywood, Hollywood veterans, humor, love, movie, movie stars, movies, Much Ado About Nothing, quiz, romance, Romantic, romantic comedy, Shakespeare, theater, theatre, Valentine, Valentine's Day, William Shakespeare | 3 Comments »
Posted by infinitygoods on February 1, 2008
I’m a huge fan of “The Prisoner,” a British tele series from the late 1960s which I watched when I was a toddler. I was probably too young for that matter, as it has marked me for life. “I am not a number!” was a favorite quote of mine throughout childhood and I still use it from time to time. It came to mind as I was reading all the numbers I have been assigned by a spam e-mail which wormed its way out of the bulk mail filters and into my inbox. The nerve of these spam e-mails, really!
I have been assigned a reference number, a ticket number, a lucky number (oooh, lucky me!) and a serial number. There’s also an international number to call! But I don’t think I’ll be calling it. They want INFORMATION! INFORMATION! But who is their Number 1? That would be telling! Who is Number 2?
I AM NOT A NUMBER! I am a free woman! I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, NUMBERED OR SPAMMED!
Here’s the series introduction:
When the prisoner wakes up, he finds himself in The Village.
Here’s The Village and its architectural history as documented by “The Antiques Road Show”:
If you’re interested in the DVD boxed set of the complete 17-episode series, it’s available here.
Be seeing you! 😉
Posted in America, art, Arts and Crafts, Britain, British, Car, celebrities, crafts, culture, Documentary, DVDs, education, england, entertainment, film, free, Freedom, humor, Infinity Goods, infinitygoods.com, Internet, life, movies, television, travel, U.S., United States, USA, writing | Tagged: Antiques Road Show, architect, architecture, BBC, British, British Broadcasting, Clough Williams Ellis, cult series, cult TV, Danger Man, Documentary, education, england, English, entertainment, Europe, humor, McGoohan, Number 6, Patrick McGoohan, PBS, Portmeirion, prisoner, Public Broadcasting, secret agent, tele, television, The Prisoner, The Village, travel, TV, Video, Wales, YouTube | Leave a Comment »
Posted by infinitygoods on January 29, 2008
Yet I had never taken the time to look for all the addresses and websites to contact to discontinue these pesky intruders. That’s because I never realized just how much of a problem it was until I went away for a month during December/January. I asked one of my kind neighbors to collect the mail for me and when I returned, my jaw just dropped at the sight of how much junk mail had accumulated.
I promise you I am not joking or exaggerating when I tell you that he handed me a huge gift bag larger than a paper grocery bag and it was even literally bursting at the seam! Boy was it heavy. About as heavy as my husband’s 20 lbs. free weight — maybe even more, but I don’t want you to think I’m exaggerating, so let’s just say 20 lbs.
So at first, I thought it might be full of Christmas catalogs (and I love looking at those) or maybe too many of our friends and family didn’t hear in time that we would be out of town and sent their Christmas cards to the wrong address. I knew it wasn’t bills because we do all of that on-line and by phone.
As I was sorting through the mail I made 2 piles: “To Read” and “Garbage”. My “To Read” pile had 2 free professional photography magazines, 1 bank statement, 3 Christmas cards, 1 bill payment confirmation and one newsletter. That’s it — 8 pieces of mail for the entire month and EVERYTHING ELSE WAS JUNK MAIL. … !!!!
So I took matters into my hands and searched the Internet for those addresses to rid myself of that junk because enough is enough! It will work for me soon and I’m sharing with all of you so you don’t have to take the time to do all that address hunting on your own. I just know it will work for you too.
- These are free (for now. You know how these things go. They’ll do anything to make a buck.)
- Credit bureaus = www.optoutprescreen.com
- Valpack (those blue envelopes) = www.coxtarget.com/mailsuppression/s/DisplayMailSuppressionForm
- These culprits are already making a buck at our expense:
- These guy are selling protection insurance! (Who do they think they are, the Chinese and Italian Mafia put together?)
- Green Dimes costs $20 and they’ll bribe you by donating a portion of your hard earned money to plant 10 trees = www.greendimes.com
- Forty-one pounds costs a whopping $41 for 5 years only, but they’ll do you the favor of letting you chose which environmental organization you want a portion of your money to be donated to — now remember, you don’t get the tax credit for those donations because you received a service, but they do! = www.41pounds.org
- Now here’s a few ways to not get in those mailing lists in the first place:
- When you buy a product, be sure NOT to send those warranty cards in. You know the ones. It’s those cards that tell you you must register to protect your item for 30 days. If you don’t, they won’t fix it for free plus the shipping and handling which is twice the cost of a brand new replacement. And, oh yeah, by the way, which junk mail are you interested in receiving?
- Don’t donate money to anyone or if you must support that nasty generous habit of yours, donate anonymously by sending a money order with no name or donating in person so they won’t get your name and address (they’ll still give you a receipt), or go to www.networkforgood.org where they send your donation for a processing fee and promise not to give out your information to anyone.
For more participants in Works For Me Wednesday, visit Rocks In My Dryer.
If you’ve missed some of my other posts, just click below:
- Our Purpose Driven Lives
- Multi-Tasking My Way To Leisure Time
- Cleaning Supplies In Every Room
- Large desk calendar inside guest closet
- How Do You Organize Your Home?
- Thank You Note How-To And Samples
- New Year Resolution And Thank You Notes
- Organizing Household Resources In An Address Book
- Organized In The New Year
- Put Used Christmas Cards To Good Use
- Bookcases at the Breaking Point?
- Organizing Household Binder
- Trading Card Storage
- Freezer Solution
- Child’s haircut without tears
- Homemade bread stuffing
- Plastic colander bath toy drainer/holder
- Reuse plastic grocery bags in the car
- How to increase Web site traffic?
- 16 Blog/Web site tips
- Toy storage
- Every Cookie Recipe Imaginable
- Egg Tip
- Holiday Decorating Tips and Ideas
Posted in America, blog, blogging, Blogroll, consumers, coupons, culture, deals, education, Family, Home, Household Tip, Household Tips, How To, howto, humor, Infinity Goods, infinitygoods.com, Internet, life, Mail, Recycle, Resolution, Tips, U.S., Uncategorized, United States, USA, Website, works for me wednesday, Works For Me Wednesdays | Tagged: 1961, Billboard Hot 100, classic music, credit, credit card bureaus, Direct Marketing Association, DMA, donation, Forty-one Pounds, garbage, Green Dimes, Hit the road, Hit the road Jack, junk, junk mail, Mail, mailbox, money, Music, music video, Network For Good, October 9 1961, Percy Mayfield, post, Post Office, postal, protection insurance, Ray Charles, refuse, Rocks In My Dryer, trash, Valpack, Video, works for me wednesday | 7 Comments »
Posted by infinitygoods on January 27, 2008
Here’s a couple of shots of snow in the Los Angeles mountains that I took in between rainstorms, from the west end of the San Fernando Valley, in the mountains separating Los Angeles County and Ventura County. This is NOT a common sight, so if you were wondering why I was posting about the cold from Southern California, this visual is worth a thousand words as the saying goes. Our thermometers, even at the low altitude of the San Fernando Valley, were below freezing, something we are definitely not used to in these parts. And some prophets tell us that snow proves global warming! I just can’t resist laughing out loud, and often. I was glad to happen upon this palm tree: a visual juxtaposition of hot with the cold of the snow.
Posted in Al Gore, America, American History, blog, blogging, Blogroll, climate, culture, Earth, education, entertainment, film, Global Warming, Heat Wave, humor, Infinity Goods, infinitygoods.com, life, Memories, nature, News, Photography, Photojournalism, science, U.S., United States, USA | Tagged: Al Gore, California, climate, environmentalists, freezing, Global Warming, green, humor, liberals, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, Los Angeles Mountains, palm tree, Photography, Photos, rain, San Fernando Valley, snow, Southern California, storm, Ventura County, weather | 5 Comments »