Posted by infinitygoods on January 15, 2008
This Works For Me Wednesday is short and sweet, but it works great for me and it will for you too.
I keep several sets of cleaning supplies, not just one. I have a set under the sink of each bath, the kitchen and one in the laundry room. Since my supplies are right there, I don’t have to run across the house or down the stairs to go get them. It saves me valuable energy and time therefore making it much easier to do a quick cleaning as needed and to clean daily. Since the dirt doesn’t pile up, it gets done quickly, easily and I don’t get grossed out.
For more participants in Works For Me Wednesday, visit Shannon at Rocks In My Dryer.
Below are my previous Works For Me Wednesday posts and my household organization posts in case you missed any.
Posted in blog, blogging, Blogroll, carnival, education, Family, Home, Household Tip, Household Tips, How To, howto, Infinity Goods, infinitygoods.com, life, New Year, Organizing, Rocks In My Dryer, Tips, Uncategorized, Website, WFMW, works for me wednesday, Works For Me Wednesdays | Tagged: cleaning, cleaning supplies, cleaning tip, Household Tip, Organization, organized, organizing tip, Rocks In My Dryer, storage, supplies, tip, WFMW, works for me wednesday | 12 Comments »
Posted by infinitygoods on December 26, 2007
Welcome back to Thursday Thirteen! With the New Year resolutions looming in the near future, I am sharing with you 13 ways to remain organized in 2008 and for years to come. Click on the links for more details.
- Desk Calendar: I hide a large desk calendar inside my guest closet;
- Notebooks: Never again lose notes jotted on a scrap of paper. I have a tiny one in my purse for notes on the go; a small one near every phone and especially near the answering machine, just the right size for a name and phone number; regular school notebooks for projects, ideas, my blog, journals, etc.;
- Binders: I keep regular school binders by category such as my household binder;
- Flash Drives: I’m so excited flash drives were invented and have so drastically dropped down in price. I back up just about everything by category on flash drives. These days, you can even buy them in packs of 10! I have one for my photos, one for my blog, one for my recipes, one for my documents, etc.
- Easy Zipper Bags: These are not relegated to just the refrigerator. I use them in just about every room. They are particularly good to help children store and easily find their toys;
- Bread Bag Close Tabs: I use these in the freezer!
- Kitchen Colander: Really, I’m not crazy, and a colander does keep me organized — in the bathtub!!
- Plastic Grocery Bags: Paper or plastic? Plastic for me because they get reused in a whole slew of ways before finding themselves in the landfill;
- Trading Card Storage: Our son has lots of game and trading cards, and like his friends and their parents, we were having a hard time finding a good way to organize them at any price until I thought of using this free box.
- Keeping Our Bookcases From Breaking: My husband, our son and I are all avid readers so our bookcases are always bulging despite using the library. I recently found this solution and so far it seems to be working as it should. If any of you do this too, let all of us know how it’s working for you. 🙂
- Letter Writing Containers: I like to write short notes and thank yous to make someone’s day. I found it’s a lot more likely to get done if I’m organized. I have a zippered binder in my car where I seem to spend too much time waiting. The binder is within arm’s reach of the driver’s seat and I keep it stocked with small blank notes, thank you cards, some stamps, pens and colored pencils, Post Its, paper clips, a small ruler, pencil sharpener, pretty stickers and address labels for both myself and the people I write to most often, an address book, and a calendar marked with birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions. I keep a pretty container stocked with the same items near my easy chair and by my bedside.
- Lazy Susans: I have no idea why they call Susan lazy when she’s so smart, but she keeps the hard-to-reach back corners of my deep kitchen cabinets stocked with my mugs on one shelf and my glasses on another;
- Diaper Bag/Grown Boy or Girl Bag: Our son has outgrown diaper bags, but I used to keep one large bag in each car with extra supplies so that I would never run out of anything. I carried a small, light one everywhere we went on foot, but the big, heavy one remained in the car with everything a baby could possibly need because if you don’t have it, that’s when you’ll need it. Today, I still keep a bag with non-spoiling munchies, water, spare socks, a blanket, drawing supplies, one or two toys, wipes, Kleenexes, picnic supplies and plastic grocery bags. Because we live far away from civilization, I’m ready for wasted time in waiting rooms or traffic jams, we can have an impromptu picnic at the park, and having had to run for our lives on several occasions because of California fires, I’d rather be ready like the Scouts.
Feel free to leave me comments, and if you are participating in Thursday Thirteen too, let me know you came by so that my readers and I can come visit your blog as well. 😉
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
Posted in Arts and Crafts, Baby, Bath Time, blog, blogging, Blogroll, book, books, carnival, Children, Christmas, consumers, crafts, education, entertainment, Family, Home, Household Tip, Household Tips, How To, humor, Infinity Goods, infinitygoods.com, Internet, Letter Writing, life, Mail, New Year, Noel, Organizing, Photography, Plastic Grocery Bags, publishing, reading, Recipe, Recycle, Resolution, Reuse, technology, Thursday 13, Thursday Thirteen, Tips, Toys, Website | Tagged: 2008, binders, bookcases, books, Calendar, California fires, Christmas, Christmas cards, colander, desk calendar, diaper bag, easy zipper bags, entertainment, flash drives, grocery bags, How To, howto, lazy susan, Letter Writing, New Year, Noel, notebooks, Organization, Organizing, paperback swap, Plastic Grocery Bags, Recycle, Resolution, resolutions, Reuse, storage, Thursday 13, Thursday Thirteen, trading card storage, trading cards, writing | 8 Comments »
Posted by infinitygoods on October 23, 2007
With a standard-size calendar our busy family was always running out of room in those tiny squares, plus we were always running back to the kitchen or back to the home office to check where we were going next.
When I hung a large desk calendar on the inside of the guest closet door, our troubles were over! The squares are 2-3 times the size of most wall calendars, and each time we’re ready to walk out the door we can check the schedule for the day.
If while we were out we made an appointment, first thing we do as we put away shoes or backpacks is to add it to the family’s schedule.
Being inside the closet, it doesn’t make the room or hallway look cluttered with yet one more thing.
Our family hasn’t needed a cork board or a white board, but if yours does, there is plenty of room both above and below the calendar for these too.
If your children bring home weekly envelopes or fliers with information about upcoming events at school or with the sports team, be sure to keep them for easy reference. I use a butterfly clip that I hang from one of the calendar hooks. The fliers can stay neatly tucked behind the calendar until needed.
Please be sure to read my other WFMW post for the week for life-saving advice for children.
Thursday’s post will be about 13 Halloween costume ideas, so if you’re in need of some of those, be sure to stop by here. 😉
If you missed my other WFMW tips, here they are:
Child’s haircut without tears
Homemade bread stuffing
plastic colander bath toy drainerholder
reuse plastic grocery bags in the car
How to increase Web site traffic?
16 Web site tips
And don’t forget to stop by Shannon’s Rocks in My Dryer for lots more tips from all the participants.
Posted in blog, blogging, Family, Infinity Goods, infinitygoods.com, life, Uncategorized, WFMW, works for me wednesday, Works For Me Wednesdays | Tagged: Advise, Appointments, Calendar, Children, Closet, Clutter, desk calendar, Family, Family Schedule, Guest Closet, Hallway Closet, Household Tips, kids, Large Calendar, Organization, Schedule, WFMW, works for me wednesday | 2 Comments »